How to Participate
More and more Canadians are turning to cycling as not only a means of transportation, but a great source of exercise and fun. Between the CAA Bike Assist program, CAA Ontario Bike Assist App and our eco-initiatives, we’ve demonstrated that CAA recognizes the importance of sustainable, eco-friendly transportation. Our road to victory is through educating our Members. What’s yours?
Send us a photo of your favourite bike path, nature trail or cycling spot and you could win a cycling prize pack valued at over $1,200! The winner will receive:
• Montague Crosstown in your size (valued at $855 CAD)
• Soft carrying bag (valued at $99 CAD)
• Three-hour session using the Retul 3D Bike Fitting System (valued at $280 CAD)
CAA South Central Ontario
CAA’s What’s Your Road to Victory? Contest - Contest Rules
- CAA’s What’s Your Road to Victory? Contest (“Contest”) is open to persons who reside within the club territory of CAA South Central Ontario, and have reached the age of majority in the Province of Ontario (18 years of age) as of the date of entry for the Contest with the following exceptions: employees and retirees of CAA South Central Ontario and its affiliates (“CAA”), partners, suppliers, representatives, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent contest agency if any, and the household members and Immediate Family of any of the above are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of these Contest Rules, “immediate family” means spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- No purchase necessary. To enter the Contest, visit the website located at http://caascobike.brightkit.com and fill out the entry form by following the instructions provided. Entries will also be accepted by mail to Attention: eBusiness, CAA South Central Ontario, 60 Commerce Valley Drive E., Thornhill, ON L3T 7P9.
- All entries must be received by CAA during the “Contest Period” beginning at 12:00:01 a.m. EST on August 11, 2014 and September 7, 2014 (“Contest Closing Date”). For online entries, proof of sending is not proof of receipt. For mail-in entries, proof of mailing is not proof of receipt.
- Entries that are incomplete, late, lost, and/or irregular in any way or sent by an unauthorized method are automatically void and will not be eligible or accepted. Entries will only be accepted as described herein and will not be accepted by any other means.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.
- One (1) prize is available to be won, consisting of a Montague Crosstown in your correct size (valued at $855 CAD), soft carrying bag (valued at $99 CAD) and three-hour session using the Retul 3D Bike Fitting System (valued at $280 CAD) (individually a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”).
- The Prizes must be accepted as awarded, and may not be assigned, transferred, substituted, exchanged, refunded or redeemed for cash value. CAA reserves the right to substitute a Prize with an item of equivalent or greater retail value in the event that a Prize is unavailable due to circumstances beyond CAA’s control.
- Selected entrants will be notified via the contact information tied to their winning entry. No communication or correspondence will be entered into, except with selected entrants.
- To be confirmed a Winner, the selected entrant must:
- The mathematical skill-testing question will be administered by mail and returned to CAA South Central Ontario, 60 Commerce Valley Drive E., Thornhill, ON L3T 7P9.
- If the selected entrant cannot be contacted by email within seven (7) business days of the first attempt to contact him/her and after a minimum of three (3) attempts, or fails to be confirmed as a Winner within the time prescribed, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive any Prize, and another eligible entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received until such a Winner is confirmed.
- Prizes will only be delivered to confirmed Winners. Please allow four (4) to six (6) weeks for delivery.
- Selected entrants are subject to verification by CAA and/or its designated representatives, in their sole discretion.
- Refusal by an entrant to accept the Prize or any part of the Prize releases and forever discharges CAA and its agents from all obligations related to the Prize, including delivery. The Winner is solely responsible for all expenses which are not included in the Prize description above.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release CAA and its affiliated companies, and their officers, directors, employees, suppliers, sponsors, administrators, representatives and agents, including but not limited to CAA’s advertising and promotional agencies (the “Releasees”) from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever arising from their participation in the Contest or use of any Prize awarded as a result of this Contest.
- CAA’s suppliers are independent third parties over which CAA does not exercise any control. CAA is not responsible for the acts or omissions of these suppliers, nor does it assume any responsibility for any claims, losses, damages, costs, expenses, delays or loss of enjoyment to the Winner.
- By entering the Contest, entrants agree that the decisions of CAA are final and binding. CAA may, at its sole discretion, terminate or withdraw any Contest entry without liability and without notice to the entrant. CAA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest for any reason including should a virus, bug, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the reasonable control of CAA corrupt or affect the security or proper administration of the Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is illegal, and should such an attempt be made, CAA reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including, where appropriate, criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. CAA reserves the right to change the terms of this Contest or terminate it at any time, without prior notice.
- Online entries must be made by the original, manual keystrokes of the individual entrant. Use of mechanical assistance, form filling software, or robotic assistance is prohibited.
- Only one (1) entrant’s name may appear on the entry form. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a selected entrant based on an email address, the winning entry will be deemed to have been made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address at the time of entry. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address in question.
- CAA assumes no responsibility for entries which are late, lost, stolen, damaged, illegible, incomplete, misdirected, postage due, destroyed or delayed. CAA assumes no responsibility for any failure of the Contest website or computer systems during the Contest Period, for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any entry including an online entry to be received by CAA on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s property (including computer) related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material in relation to the Contest.
- By accepting a Prize in this Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, city of residence, voice, photograph, image or likeness in any publicity or advertisement carried out by CAA in connection with this Contest without any further compensation.
- This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and shall be governed by the laws of Ontario.
- All applicable federal, provincial and municipal taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- CAA and CAA logo trademarks are owned by and use is granted by the Canadian Automobile Association.
- This Contest is sponsored by, and is at the sole discretion of, CAA South Central Ontario.
HOW TO ENTER
(a) confirm compliance with these Contest Rules;
(b) accept the Prize as awarded;
(c) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, and within the time prescribed; and
(d) sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility and Release, in the form requested by CAA, within ten (10) business days from the date of delivery thereof.
AWARDING OF PRIZES
© 2014 CAA South Central Ontario. All rights reserved. Serving Members in Southern and Central Ontario.